cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reduce the memory flashing time when debug

Ggual.2
Associate II

Hi to all community.

I am new with the touchgfx and the graphic ST microcontrollers.

I have develop an application on STM32H7 MCU with touchgfx. The mcu use an external 16Mb flash memory to store the application, touchgfx, images etc...

The graphic interface are ended but when I launch the debugger for test some changes in the application, some minutes are necessary because the CubeIDE reflash entire memory, application and graphics, and this is a bit frustrating.

So I ask you if exist a system to flash the touchgfx and graphical elements one time when these are finished, and afterwards flash only application program for speed up the debugging.

I use ST link and I have try to speed up the frequency to 24MHz but it doesn't get much better.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

Hi! 

why don't you define a dedicated memory section just for the logic and use NOLOAD for graphics? I think separating the graphics from code is the simplest way to boost the loading time.

I have no experience with other probes.. the ST-Link works fine for me..

Cheers

Perhaps modify the Linker Script so the code and graphics live in distinctly different sections of the QSPI. That way code changes don't require full rewrite of the memory.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Yes!

Thanks for suggestion. Putting the images to the end of memory seems to work.

Great