cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Interfacing SPI-RGB LCD in stm32F7508DK

Bhanu
Associate II

Hi,

I'm to SPI in stm32,I want to interface LCD with SPI RGB i need your support to provide SPI intialzaton code for LCD WF40ESWAA6DNN0 480*480 resolution.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Bhanu,

You can start from STM32CubeMX where you configure your SPI and LCD peripherals and generate the initialization code. 

Please have a look at this AN4861 Application note and you can follow this Article to configure the LTDC peripheral.

You can refer to the one of LCD examples under the STM32CubeF4 package, which can help you to develop your application:

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Bhanu,

You can start from STM32CubeMX where you configure your SPI and LCD peripherals and generate the initialization code. 

Please have a look at this AN4861 Application note and you can follow this Article to configure the LTDC peripheral.

You can refer to the one of LCD examples under the STM32CubeF4 package, which can help you to develop your application:

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Bhanu
Associate II

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ ,

If possible give reply ASAP

thanks

Hi @Imen DAHMEN (ST Employee)​,

i have already implemented LTDC code for RGB LCD but now i want you to provide initial code to initialise SPI for display WF40ESWAA6DNN0 480*480 resolution.

Bhanu

hi,

waiting for your reply,

i'm sending comands and data using HAL_SPI_Transmit() but still i im not able to see any color in display for your reference im attaching the display data shet please have a look and provide spi intialzation code to send data through out RGB

please find the attached display data sheet

Hi @Imen DAHMEN​ 

its been almost 1 week still i didn't any reply form your side.

it issue is our main priority please help us to resolve the issue ASAP .@Imen DAHMEN​  if you cant able to help me please forward this ticked to someone who can help me to clear this issue.

Thanks

FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Bhanu​ ,

Based on the datasheet attached, it is mentioned WF40ESWAA6DNN0 is without control board interface; you may need to set up your hardware first. No SPI Interface is embedded.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Bhanu
Associate II

Hi @F.Belaid​ ,

thanks for the reply ,

if you looking to  WF40ESWAA6DNN0 datasheet general specifications they have given driver IC ST7701S.

in this replay I'm attaching that ST7701S datasheet please check it help me to clear my issue ASAP .

Thanks

Hi again @Bhanu​ 

In order to interface with the WF40ESWAA6DNN0 display, you will need to communicate with the ST7701S driver IC through its SPI interface to send commands and data to control the display's pixels.

Here is an example STM32CubeF7/stm32f7xx_nucleo_144.c at f8bda023e34ce9935cb4efb9d1c299860137b6f3 · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF7 (github.com), it may need some changes to adapt your driver IC. Here is a set of functions STM32CubeF7/st7735.c at c7c5ec99c7482ea8bcdbf0a869c930af4547088f · STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF7 (github.com) needed to drive the * ST7735 LCD. It is up to the user to get inspired and customize the code.

Thank you for your understanding.

Firas

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

It's not ST's job, to do your job.

As the embedded engineer on this project it get's to be your responsibility to code drivers for parts/boards that you have chosen.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..