cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To to build a project in Cube IDE that contains touchgfx on macOS?

PDominik
Associate

Hi!
I'm having a problem building my project on my MacBook in Cube IDE. I developed the code on windows using Cube IDE and Touchgfx environment. I used to be able to build it on my Mac, but it suddenly does not build. The error I get:

/Applications/STM32CubeIDE.app/Contents/Eclipse/plugins/com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.11.3.rel1.macos64_1.1.1.202309131626/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: cannot find -l:libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a: No such file or directory

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

I tried to install the touchgfx generator extension, it didn't help. I also reinstalled my Cube IDE, what didn't help either. I 
checked the file path "/arm-none-eabi/bin" and there is indeed an "ld" file, without extension. I tried to peek what inside but its gibberish. I guess it is not UTF8 coded. I have "libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a" under "MCU/Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc/libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a". MCU is the project root. I am using STM32H750-DK with cortex m7. The compile command when it fails: 

arm-none-eabi-g++ -o "STM32H750B-DK.elf" @"objects.list" -l:libtouchgfx-float-abi-hard.a -mcpu=cortex-m7 -T"xy/MCU/STM32CubeIDE/STM32H750XBHX_FLASH.ld" --specs=nosys.specs -Wl,-Map="STM32H750B-DK.map" -Wl,--gc-sections -static -LC:/TouchGFXProjects/MCU/Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc -LC:/xy/MCU/Middlewares/ST/touchgfx/lib/core/cortex_m7/gcc -u _printf_float --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -Wl,--start-group -lc -lm -lstdc++ -lsupc++ -Wl,--end-group

I am using GitHub to transfer the files, if that helps.
Does someone have an idea why is could not be building?
Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1
ypiotrp
Senior

Hi!

It looks like CubeIDE tries to locate the TouchGFX library and fails. From what you're saying you do have it. Have you tried adding it via "Library search path" in your project properties settings? Below a screen shot:

ypiotrp_0-1697102230034.png

Regards,
Piotr