cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a TouchGFX Project for Custom Board?

MSent.2
Associate II

Hello Everybody, I am trying to create a TouchGFX project for my custom board. I follow embryonic.dk's video on Youtube. However I couldn't manage to build a project. I received errors in the first image. It says No such file or directory for app_touchgfx.h. However, It is in the project. The interesting thing is when I check it's properties the exclude resource from build option was selected.I deselect it. But I receive more errors. I tried to deselect exclude from build option for every folder in the project manually but it didn't work. How can I create a TouchGFX project for my custom board? I was not expecting that it's gonna be that hard. I don't have much knowledge. I am using STMCubeIDE version 1.10.1, TouchGFX generator version 4.20 and TouchGFX Designer version 4.20.0693W00000UnmsOQAR.png0693W00000UnmqSQAR.png

0693W00000UnmpFQAR.png

10 REPLIES 10
SKacp.1
Senior II

Hello,

Please share Your project. I will try to help You.

Best Regards,

Slawek

Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello MSent.2,

I recommend you to use STM32CubeMX and start your project from there. Then you will need to include TouchGFX component and that will allows you to design your app. We have a video on our Youtube channel that explains it very well, I invite you to have a look at it 😉

Tell me if you don't succeed on it, and I'll try to guide you more.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hello @Osman SOYKURT​ ,

I tried to use STM32CubeMX but unfortunately I got an error. When I open the .log file, It says !MESSAGE Application error

!STACK 1

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException.

0693W00000Uo4vuQAB.png0693W00000Uo4vaQAB.jpg

Hello MSent.2,

I think you tried to open your .project file (generated by STM32CubeIDE) in STM32CubeMX. This last one use an .ioc file instead.

You can still use STM32CubeIDE and do the steps described in the video with this interface :

0693W00000UodFCQAZ.png 

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT

Hello @Osman SOYKURT​ ,

I didn't try to open my .project file in STM32CubeMX. I followed the instructions in the video. When I try to build the project, I got this error. When I check the Startup file, its name is startup_stm32h747xıhx.s . I guess that ı character might be the problem. I tried with some other MCUs with I character in their part name and got the same error. I also tried with STM23H750XBH6 because there is no I character in its part name. STM32CubeIDE builded the code successfully without error. I thought about changing the startup file's name but I don't know if it is safe. I don't want to break something. What are your suggestions?0693W00000VO9J4QAL.png

Hello MSent.2,

Ok I see, thank you for your investigation and reporting this to the forum, it might help other people here. The path visible in your screenshot has clearly an issue.

What I can suggest you is to change your Windows language to English and try again.

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT

I changed the startup file's name and it seems it worked. But that was an attempt without TouchGFX. Here is the latest situation:

If I try to start with STM32CubeMX, it throws that error with .log file. When I do not use TouchGFX generator, I don't face with this error. Also I tried to use TouchGFX Generator with STM32H750XB6 selected and it works. If I choose a MCU with I in its part name, it throws that .log error. I changed my computers language but it didn't solve the problem. I also tried on my colleague's laptop which is in English but nothing changed.

If I try to start with STM32CubeIDE, it throws "there is no such a file or directory" error for cmsis.h, freertos.h and also sometimes for app_touchgfx.h.

Okay, the problem is not part name, it is the dual core. When I choose a single core MCU, everything is ok. But if it is dual core, then I have issues.