cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchscreen of STM32F429I-DISC1 cannot function properly with code generate by TOUCHgfx

PPei.1
Associate

Hi there,

I am using TOUCHgfx_4.19.1 and STM32CUBEIDE 1.9.1 to customise my STM32F429I-DISC1 board (E01 Version). I built a very simple button press project from Touchgfx, however, press cannot be detected on this touchscreen after I debugged and loaded this code in STM32CUBEIDE.

I did many attempts including loading the demo firmware back to my board to check whether problem occurred due to the board damage, but touchscreen functioned perfectly when I it through TRUESTUDIO (Original code doesnt have CUBEIDE version).

I converted this demo project version from TRUESTUDIO to STM32CUBEIDE, it still can be deployed on board successfully and touchscreen worked functionally.

Therefore, I concluded that my board wasnt damaged.

I also suspected whether it's because of the version mismatch between two software: touchgfx and cubeide, so I tried different version combination and found:

• Touchgfx 4.20 works fine with cubeide.1.10.1, however, my demo code converted by TRUESTUDIO cannot be run.
  • Touchgfx 4.20 cannot work with cubeide 1.9.1 as some files cannot be found in paths so the code cannot be built.
  • Touchgfx 4.19.1 works fine with cubeide 1.9.1, no error when I built project, but touchscreen cannot function properly, which is my main issue right now.

I d like to stick on versions that I am currently using (Touchgfx 4.19.1 with cubeide 1.9.1) but find it really difficult to detect the reason why touchscreen didn't work. Could you pls help me with it?

Many thanks in advance.

Peggy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Yoann,

Thanks! Actually, Ive figured out this problem occurred due to an assembly issue of the board...

It turned out that press can be detected in a vertically opposite way. It frustrated me and took me ages to solve but its not about any software problem.

I did some compromise, after I changed display from vertical to horizontal and put the button always centrally aligned, it could function as I want.

Just let people who may suffer similarly know this issue.

Thanks again for your help!!

Best,

Peggy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Hello @PPei.1​ ,

I also just created a project with a simple button on this board, with TouchGFXDesigner 4.19.1 and with the latest version of CubeIDE, 1.10.1. Everything works fine for me.

I will share my project here, so you can compare the differences between your project and mine.

Hope this helps,

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX

Hi Yoann,

Thanks! Actually, Ive figured out this problem occurred due to an assembly issue of the board...

It turned out that press can be detected in a vertically opposite way. It frustrated me and took me ages to solve but its not about any software problem.

I did some compromise, after I changed display from vertical to horizontal and put the button always centrally aligned, it could function as I want.

Just let people who may suffer similarly know this issue.

Thanks again for your help!!

Best,

Peggy

Yoann KLEIN
ST Employee

Sure, thanks for letting me know.

/Yoann

Yoann KLEIN
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX