cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture an image and store it on an SD card using the STM32F407 Discovery board and OV7670 camera module?

MMOHA.1
Associate II

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @MMOHA.1​ ,

You may get inspired from the example within STM32CubeF4 MCU package:

STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.27.0\Projects\STM324xG_EVAL\Applications\Camera\Camera_To_USBDisk

Hope this helped you!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Thank you for your reply

I have opened this example STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.27.0\Projects\STM324xG_EVAL\Applications\Camera\Camera_To_USBDisk.

And found that DMA2 Stream1 channel1 is configured to transfer the picture from DCMI peripheral

to an external RAM used by the LCD as a frame buffer.

In my project, I can not use LCD I want to save the picture directly to the SD card.

The question is:

Is this possible to save the picture directly to the SD Card or It is necessary to use an external ram as a frame buffer?

And if It is necessary to use an external ram as a frame buffer can you recommend a suitable external ram to use with the STM32F407 Discovery board?

Thank you in advance.

That depends on the size and format of the image and on the resources used by the rest of the system. Look at the specifications and do the math!