cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I make an modal window over custom keyboard widget

oe2
Associate III

I have a screen with some pictures, buttons and a custom keyboard widget. I want to show a modal window on this window.

But when I do "view" on my modal window, it only covers the things defined in gfxdesigner not the custom keyboard widget.

How can I include custom keyboard to so that it becomes part of the "main window" or is there perhaps an better / other way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael K
Senior III

To move your modal to the top, simply

remove(modalElement);
add(modalElement);

at the end of your setupScreen() method. This should be done after you add() your keyboard widget, if that is not done in the base class.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
oe2
Associate III

Does anyone know if it's the drawing order, I have tried to change the "add order" by moving my kybord code the the base file (I know that it will be overritten next time I generate the code for designer) but It dosent seems to do any change the keyboard is still "on-top". Mybe the keyboard itself i "modal" (I can't find anythning in the code that supports that theory).

Michael K
Senior III

To move your modal to the top, simply

remove(modalElement);
add(modalElement);

at the end of your setupScreen() method. This should be done after you add() your keyboard widget, if that is not done in the base class.

oe2
Associate III

Thanks Michael,

Works like a charm! Easy when you know how to do it, but hard do find out how to do it...

BR Ola

You're welcome, happy to help! You were 90% of the way there yourself with your draw-order suspicion.