cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

H743I Eval2 board is working with TouchGFX to display data. but unable to activate ETH and lwip middleware with CubeIDE.

ET.2
Associate III

I use H743I Eval2 board , able to build application with TouchGFX to display data. I am trying to activate ETH with lwip middleware with CubeIDE. have enable CORTEX_M7 (Icache,Dcache) but can not select any mode (MII, RMII) in ETH, (a forbidden mark is showing) ,as result, lwip is also unable to select. please advice, thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rim LANDOLSI
ST Employee

Hello @ET.2​ ,

At first, let me thank you for reporting this issue.

When creating a touchgfx application, it occupy lots of gpio such as ETH MII pins.

The solution is to try to change these pins to the alternate pins to solve conflicts, as shown in the screenshot.

0693W00000aJeAcQAK.png 

Thanks,

Rim

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Osman SOYKURT
ST Employee

Hello ET.2

Indeed, in STM32CubeIDE it's not possible to select natively ETH with the TBS we provide because apparently ETH uses PINS that are already used.

0693W00000aIfUHQA0.png 

I guess what you can try to do is to change the used pins to something else and try to see if that solves your issue.

0693W00000aIfkFQAS.png 

/Osman

Osman SOYKURT
ST Software Developer | TouchGFX
ET.2
Associate III

Indeed, I notice there are pin conflict issue , I have tried to simplify my app ,

1, use TouchGFX to create 2 box progress , 2 text area and 2 text progress

2, generate code with CubeIDE, compile is ok, thats all

3, open ioc , in ETH tab, it just appears forbidden sign

4, if select clear pin out, whole bunch of error occur (as expect) as below

C:/TouchGFXProjects/MyApplication5/Drivers/BSP/STM32H743I-EVAL/stm32h743i_eval_bus.h:30:10: fatal error: stm32h743i_eval_conf.h: No such file or directory

30 | #include "stm32h743i_eval_conf.h"

|     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

In file included from C:/TouchGFXProjects/MyApplication5/Drivers/BSP/STM32H743I-EVAL/stm32h743i_eval_io.c:53:

C:/TouchGFXProjects/MyApplication5/Drivers/BSP/STM32H743I-EVAL/stm32h743i_eval_io.h:30:10: fatal error: stm32h743i_eval_conf.h: No such file or directory

30 | #include "stm32h743i_eval_conf.h"

compilation terminated.

make: *** [Drivers/BSP/STM32H743I-EVAL/subdir.mk:31: Drivers/BSP/STM32H743I-EVAL/stm32h743i_eval_bus.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

In file included from C:/TouchGFXProjects/MyApplication5/Drivers/BSP/STM32H743I-EVAL/stm32h743i_eval_qspi.c:63:

C:/TouchGFXProjects/MyApplication5/Drivers/BSP/STM32H743I-EVAL/stm32h743i_eval_qspi.h:29:10: fatal error: stm32h743i_eval_conf.h: No such file or directory

29 | #include "stm32h743i_eval_conf.h"

compilation terminated.

make: *** [Drivers/BSP/STM32H743I-EVAL/subdir.mk:33: Drivers/BSP/STM32H743I-EVAL/stm32h743i_eval_io.o] Error 1

make: *** [Drivers/BSP/STM32H743I-EVAL/subdir.mk:35: Drivers/BSP/STM32H743I-EVAL/stm32h743i_eval_qspi.o] Error 1

"make -j12 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

it looks like touch gfx occupy lots of gpio which causes other modules disability.

and if clear some conflict pin, compiling will fail. it thre a effective way to solve this issue, please advice, thanks in advance.

Rim LANDOLSI
ST Employee

Hello @ET.2​ ,

At first, let me thank you for reporting this issue.

When creating a touchgfx application, it occupy lots of gpio such as ETH MII pins.

The solution is to try to change these pins to the alternate pins to solve conflicts, as shown in the screenshot.

0693W00000aJeAcQAK.png 

Thanks,

Rim

I fixed it, thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the answer, I fixed it.

Rim LANDOLSI
ST Employee

Please close this post by clicking the "Select as Best" button on the previous answer. This will help other members of the community find this response more quickly.