cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics suite and SSD1306 OLED, I2C or SPI

CGadg
Associate III

Will the TouchGFX and STM Cube IDE let me work with SSD1306 devices? If so how much memory space will I need per image and overall space to run it? The images will be 128x64 pixels. Which range of ST microcontrollers can be used for this?

The labels allowed for this post were not relevant, so ignore the "EEPROM devices"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The SSD130x displays are workable with every STM32 model/family

ST doesn't sell them or use them in many products, perhaps seen a handful on an IoT or Modem boards. Don't expect them to build TouchGFX libraries / drivers for them.

The screen buffer is a pretty simple monochrome bit map at 128x64, that would be 1KB. Was dealing with more complex screens in secondary school.

TBH I think TouchGFX is overkill, there's probably BSP example code you could use for painting lines, draw circles, or write text fonts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

The SSD130x displays are workable with every STM32 model/family

ST doesn't sell them or use them in many products, perhaps seen a handful on an IoT or Modem boards. Don't expect them to build TouchGFX libraries / drivers for them.

The screen buffer is a pretty simple monochrome bit map at 128x64, that would be 1KB. Was dealing with more complex screens in secondary school.

TBH I think TouchGFX is overkill, there's probably BSP example code you could use for painting lines, draw circles, or write text fonts.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Panchev68
Senior
Dolence
Associate III

I would recommend using u8g2 lib for this. It is lightweight, can be set to use full buffer and page buffer, have lots of fonts.

CGadg
Associate III

Thanks for your replies, I'm not ready to test still though.

CGadg
Associate III

I've gone for a popular library on Github by Aleksander Alekseev, stm32-ssd1306-master. This has let me operate graphics code quite easily and text. There is a video on YouTube for this which leaves out the graphics for some reason.