cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FrameBuffer no data

kk2
Associate III

Hello,

i try to start application on STM32F7 with external RAM.

I setup frame buffer and cache in external RAM, but touchgfx not loading screen to FrameBuffer, Cache is loading.

I check if image will render when a set start address of cache and FrameBuffer the same and it worked.

What may be source of the problem?

24 REPLIES 24
HP
Senior III

I have made a video with a walkthrough on how I set up the Display to test that out. It's a bit long (and a bit of a ramble I think) but It should cover the display basics.

I have also made another video on how to test the SDRAM and set it up.

I would suggest that you try out the method of setting an image (not the layer background color) in the internal flash memory and load that up (see the first video and/or app note 4861 on that).

when you have verified that, go on to the SDRAM. Again, I suggest that you test it with the F7 repository example for the FMC interface.

I have found that you would need to change the following to get the SDRAM working (not in that order)

1. check that the appropriate interrups are enabled
  2. check the REFRESH_COUNT (mine magically 1292 - I'm not sure about that calculation though)
  3. set the 'defaultTask' stack size to 4096
  4. IMPORTANT: Increase the minimal heap size to something bigger than 4096*4 - I set mine to 32768 just to be sure.

My videos on the subject are available here:

Hardware setup and configuring the LTDC interface - https://youtu.be/GxUpMrnIwpo

Setting up the SDRAM interface and testing it out - https://youtu.be/DNujNps9BWo

I hope this will help you out!

kk2
Associate III

Thank you for help �?��?

I will look at yours videos.

kk2
Associate III

It looks like the main problem was poorly soldered uP and SDRAM. Because of it data was corrupted.

Thank you @HP​ so much for the help you gave me this week. I greatly appreciate the assistance you have provided me. It was very useful.

GMano.1
Associate II

Hai...,

I am also facing same problem.

STM32F746IG (waveshare Development board) with 7 inch display.

I done every thing @HP​ (Community Member)​ but still have a same problem.

pLayerCfg.FBStartAdress = (uint32_t) & Image_data_image_Text; it work fine.

But if i change bellow address.

pLayerCfg.FBStartAdress = 0xD0000000; not working display image below (i am using bank2 so that use this Frame Buffer Start Address).

0693W00000BbSdsQAF.jpg

What are cause of this issuse?

Can you inspect that memory? Is anything actually being drawn? Maybe the display is showing the correct content (garbage).

TouchGFX HAL will set up the start address of the LTDC layer automatically based on what you set up TouchGFX with, so you shouldn't need to do this.

Can you show me your TouchGFX Configuration? If TouchGFX does not know about this address as the framebuffer address it won't render anything to it.

Let me know-.

/Martin