cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone have a working example of Partial frame strategy on a STM32f407 device with an FSMC linked screen controller like SSD1963?

jim239955_st
Associate II

I am trying to get basic TouchGFX graphics working on STM32F407 over FSMC to an SSD1963 screen controller. I am getting the following errors on compile:

#error "a user must call touchgfx::startnewtransfer(); once touchgfxDisplayDriverTransmitBlock(): has successfully sent a block."

and

#error "a user must implement C-Methods touchgfxDisplayDriverTransmitActive() and touchgfxDisplayDriverTransmitBlock() used by the partial Framebuffer Strategy."

In the 'StartGFXTask' RTOS task i only have 'MX_TouchGFX_Process();' but should this not be enough to start the TGFX engine?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MM..1
Chief II

You need after generate code for partial framebuffer implement this methods and comment out error lines. Read docu

Framebuffer Strategies | TouchGFX Documentation

Lowering Memory Usage with Partial Framebuffer | TouchGFX Documentation

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MM..1
Chief II

You need after generate code for partial framebuffer implement this methods and comment out error lines. Read docu

Framebuffer Strategies | TouchGFX Documentation

Lowering Memory Usage with Partial Framebuffer | TouchGFX Documentation

Thank you for the response. I understand now that those errors are deliberately there to make sure you implement the strategy properly and can be commented out. I understand what they are saying in these documents but in the final section they only provide methods to transfer the frame buffer to the screen using LTDC/DSI, and SPI interfaces. They do not explain how to do it using the FSMC (LCD) interface. This is where i think I am getting stuck.

One click on link one down move to FMC and SPI Display Interface | TouchGFX Documentation
CopyRect is same.

Ah yes of course i see now, thank you!