cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CubeMX not updating the files in CubeIDE

Krautermann
Senior II

I am using Touchgfx in conjunction with the STM32H745XIH6 board and whenever I create a touchgfx project, the first thing I do is, open the .ioc file in CubeIDE and then disable RTOS from the CubeMX. Then I save and try to compile but I get an error. The issue is because of the CMSIS folder that still exists in the workspace. So then I delete the CMSIS folder and it compiles successfully.

Now I want to also disable QuadSPI and FMC in the CubeMX but when I go back to compiling I get a bunch of errors, like 200 of them. My guess is again it's due to the existence of files that are not needed anymore but I do not know which one to delete! Can someone help with that?manyErrors.PNGErrors2.PNG

Moreover if I add UART functionality in CubeMX, the stm32h7xx_hal_uart.c is not added under the STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver folder of the project, so I have to add it manually somehow by copying it from another project and pasting it here. Please fix this issue with CubeMX not updating the file project!

A suggestion for the future development of TouchGFX Designer also would be to have the option to untick RTOS at project creation because not all users want RTOS in their application. What if I want to do it bare metal?

2 REPLIES 2
Semer CHERNI
ST Employee

Hello @Krautermann 

First let me thank you for posting.

To further investigate the issue, I will need from you to describe the exact steps you have followed to create the project. (did you start from a template in TouchGFX, did you start with CubeMX?)

If possible could you share your project?

BR,

Semer.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @Semer CHERNI 

This is the detailed steps I have done:

1. Created a project on TouchGFX Designer by choosing the STM32H745I DISCO board.
  2. Generated the code in TouchGFX.
  3. Opened the project in CubeIDE by opening the .project file in the STM32CubeIDE folder.
  4. Opened the .ioc file in CubeIDE, which then opened integrated CubeMX inside IDE.
  5. Going to Middleware and Software Packs and disabling FreeRTOS and then going to Connectivity and enabling any of the SPI.
  6. Clicked Save and this will generate new Code inside IDE.
  7. When compiling, an error will occur because FreeRTOS files still exist inside the Project Explorer. To resolve this, CMSIS folder needs to be deleted as well as FreeRTOS file from Core.
  8. When compiling again another error occur, because stm32h7xx_hal_spi.c and stm32h7xx_hal_spi_ex.c are not present inside the STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver folder. (See screenshot) These have to be oddly manually added. Can there be a solution for this? CubeMX should automatically add them.

Same goes to UART. If I enable UART in CubeMX, error will occur again while compiling because the corresponding UART files are not found in the STM32H7xx_HAL_Driver folder.

missingfiles.PNG

In the file explorer 28 files can be seen, but in project explorer there are only 26, the 2 missing files are the SPI files.

(I cannot share project folder, it exceeds 5MB)