cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interfacing DSI to HDMI with B-LCDAD-HDMI1 adapter

LKuma.11
Associate

Using the STM32H7 Discovery kit for STM32H747 MCU, we purchased the recommended accessory B-LCDAD-HDMI1 adapter to test HDMI displays. We have tried multiple displays in 800 to 1024 resolution range, as well as standard dell desktop monitors with HDMI input (hoping the auto-sync capability would detect the right signal). But we are unable to display anything on these displays or monitors. On some displays, we did notice some faint flashes when first connecting the display but no picture of any sort. Our understanding is that this MCU supports display to XGA(1024RGB*768) resolution, even though the Kit is 800x480.

1) Can you provide some documentation on how to use this adapter with this kit?

2) Are there recommended displays that will work XGA out-of-the box with the HDMI adapter?

3) The DSI connector on the Kit board supports multiple channels. Is it ready to connect 2 monitors? Can you provide some documentation on how to make two monitors work with the onboard connector?

2 REPLIES 2

Haven't tried on the H7 board, but the F7 you had to build the examples with the USE_LCD_HDMI

For the H7 I think it needs: USE_LCD_CTRL_ADV7533

Has  HDMI_FORMAT_720_480 and HDMI_FORMAT_720_576 modes, although you could likely fashion others with the right timings, I had the F7 board doing a number of mode my Acer monitor would auto-sync too.

Only does one monitor as I recall, the DSI has two-lanes to spread the bandwidth, but the ceiling is pretty close to 1024x768

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

do you have some working project?