cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code no longer works after upgrading to TouchGFX v4.24

XD
Associate II

Hello everyone.

I have a project that uses CubeMX, CubeIDE, TouchGFX Designer with FreeRTOS.
Everything has been working fine until i upgrade to TouchGFX version 4.24.

I was using TouchGFX version 4.23.2, no code changed and upgraded the project in CubeMX and in TouchGFX Designer.

No faults are thrown and all other tasks seem to be running as normal.
TouchGFX never makes it to the startup-screen and the the TouchGFXTask only gets called once. 

The below article is all i can find to issues, im not using JPEG-decoding nor am F7 MCU...

https://support.touchgfx.com/docs/miscellaneous/known-issues#touchgfx-4-24-0
https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-touchgfx-and-gui/x-cube-touchgfx-4-24-0-is-out/td-p/683800

Does anybody know what is causing this issue?

Hardware config:

STM32F429
LTDC: Yes (565)
DMA2D: Yes
FMC: SRAM (double buffered frame)
JPEG: No
L8: Yes
RGB Comp: No

2 REPLIES 2
GaetanGodart
ST Employee

Hello @XD ,

What version of STM32CubeMX are you using? You should be using 6.11.0 or later.

Do you have an STM32 board (discovery with a screen) where you could test your program?
If not, could you share your program so that I can try to flash it to a working board?
I want to do that to know if the issue is related to the hardware or to the code + new TouchGFX.

Did you use a version control software such as Git? Can you compare before and after updating?

Regards,

Gaetan Godart
Software engineer at ST (TouchGFX)

Hi, 

Im using CubeMX version 6.12.0.

The code is written for a custom board but i do have a STM32429I-EVAL1 that i could test on. I believe that i have to make some software changes to get the code running on the EVAL board. Il try and test it later today. 

Yes i am using Git, there are 1037 changes between version 4.23.2 and 4.24. The vast majority of the diff is changing the framework version number in the headers and changes the backup folder? "\ST\touchgfx_backup8\......"

Everything works fine when i revert the changes and use v4.23.2.

I would prefer not to share the code if possible.