cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding LwIP(or other CubeMX generated Code) to a STM32CubeIDE throws Errors in TouchGFX simulator Files.

Kevin(Dr.Electron)
Associate III

So I started a Project in CubeIDE with the standart settings and the resolving integration issues Video.

All worked well. But now i enabled LwIP with standart Settings and I get the Error, that the SDL2/SDL_video.h File in the HALSDL2 Header couldn't be found. But shouldn't this File be excluded from the Build? How can it throw a Error in there?

Also if i restart CubeIDE and build again, sometimes i get a lot of errors in the TouchGFX/Simulator Folder, which also should be excluded.

If I disable LwIP again and restart CubeIDE it wil work again.

Versions:

CubeIDE: 1.0.1

TouchGFX: 4.10.0

MCU: STM32F746G-Discovery

Sincerly,

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kevin(Dr.Electron)
Associate III

Sorry for the late reply, but the latest version has fixed all problems for me

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Mon2
Senior III

The toolchain is still being tweaked. Suggest for you to manually copy and past from a known good project folder what may be missing once you invoke the LwIP feature. Hoping this will allow your custom project to build correctly.

Kevin(Dr.Electron)
Associate III

That’s the Problem, if i build both Systems (LwIP and TouchGFX) separately they both work. But if i combine them, the Compiler throws errors in the exlcuded Simulator path from TouchGFX. The Compiler shouldn’t even touch this Files, because they are excluded...

Sincerely,

kevin

I had the same problem even when the "Exclude resource from Build" is checked. Unchecking and rechecking that selection has no effect. It is frustrating, I know. They are working on these issues and I am looking forward to a new release.

I ended up using a difference tool to compare project files from when it was working and when it wasn't and reverted some of the changes to make it compile.

The following post discusses this:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D70X000007aSu5/cubeide-100-touchgfx-4100-working-project-inside-stm32f746gdisco?s1oid=00Db0000000YtG6&s1nid=0DB0X000000DYbd&emkind=chatterCommentNotification&emvtk=l.h0ExI045OgF3FAhHz4dq7lZP.T1nidRk255eY5dAE%3D&s1uid=0050X000008A76B&emtm=1565878208026&fromEmail=1...

KNg.17
Associate

I faced almost same error when I enable LwIP in a project with TouchGFX. After I excluded the certain files then new errors are exist. The errors are:

c:\st\stm32cubeide_1.0.2\stm32cubeide\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.7-2018-q2-update.win32_1.0.0.201904181610\tools\bin\../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/include/c++/7.3.1/arm-none-eabi/thumb/v7e-m/fpv4-sp/hard/bits/error_constants.h:126:31: error: 'ECANCELED' was not declared in this scope

c:\st\stm32cubeide_1.0.2\stm32cubeide\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.7-2018-q2-update.win32_1.0.0.201904181610\tools\bin\../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/7.3.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/include/c++/7.3.1/arm-none-eabi/thumb/v7e-m/fpv4-sp/hard/bits/error_constants.h:135:24: error: 'EOWNERDEAD' was not declared in this scope

and etc....

Do u face this errors and have any ideas to solve it?

Kevin(Dr.Electron)
Associate III

Sorry for the late reply, but the latest version has fixed all problems for me

Did you find the solution? I have same errors when activate lwIP. Project was created in older version od CubeMX and TouchGFX but everything is upgraded to newest version, it didn't solve the problem.

edit: I found a solution some time ago. In my case in file:

C:\ST\STM32CubeIDE_1.6.0\STM32CubeIDE\plugins\com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.externaltools.gnu-tools-for-stm32.9-2020-q2-update.win32_1.5.0.202011040924\tools\arm-none-eabi\include\c++\9.3.1\cerrno.h

#include <errno.h> should be changed to #include <sys/errno.h>