cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-Cube-Crypto Library CubeMX Help

ayarema
Associate II
Posted on August 09, 2016 at 23:33

I downloadedX-Cube-Crypto Library from the email and i have the zip. Issue is that i cant seem to find anything that would install it into the CubeMX software. I can browse the zip and see the files and examples included but when i try to install new libraries on CubeMX from local it says ''This Package version is not managed on this version of STM32CubeMX''.

My version is 4.0 for CubeMX.

Is there a way to install this lib so that CubeMX is able to create the necessary C source files when project is generated?

Question 2 is about the fact that System Workbench is missing from the examples, and support for the F7 series. Is there a plan to add that anytime soon?

Thanks

Andriy

#!stm32-!cubemx-!stm32-stm32f7

Note: this post was migrated and contained many threaded conversations, some content may be missing.
25 REPLIES 25
Posted on August 15, 2017 at 19:11

Dear

Riddell.Gideon

‌,

Thanks pointing such issue, that we confirm and we will fix in future with GCC and FPU option active in Hardware. it will be done in version V3.2.0. Here is patch for you on this version, you can try, check your private message, as I can not post in public without SLA agreement.

Cheers,

STOne-

Posted on August 16, 2017 at 12:34

The patched version links correctly. Thanks.

Posted on August 17, 2017 at 17:54

I encrypted some data to AES.CBC with 256 bit key using the Microsoft .Net System.Security.Cryptography library, and tried to decrypt it with the 

X-Cube-CryptoLib version you sent me, but it just produces garbage out. Any tips?

[Edit: removed extraneous detail]

Posted on August 17, 2017 at 18:48

You have to enable the CRC Peripheral before using our lib. Refer to our inbox examples on how it work. ( See the Manual FAQ at the end)

Posted on August 17, 2017 at 19:13

I can confirm the AES-256 ECB vectors here are correct

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009XkYMbSAN

The CRC peripheral is frequently a gotcha, both in that it locks you to ST hardware, and that is breaks anything you were doing with the CRC peripheral otherwise.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on October 16, 2017 at 10:28

Dear STOne-32,

Our firmware is built/linked with the following flags (STM32F3 series):

-mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16

We also cannot use the FPU when using the CRYPTO libraries. It would be useful, at some stage, to be able to do this. We are in no immediate hurry, but if the next version could include this capability it would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Tom

Posted on October 16, 2017 at 11:01

Given the heavy use of open source components I'm not sure why the library is not provided in source form here.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Posted on November 15, 2017 at 12:50

Dear STOne-32,

I'm using a STM32L476, GCC compiler,  and I have the same problem  with the library for L4:

I'd neet a patch too

with 

FPU option active in Hardware,

if possible.

Many thanks
Posted on March 16, 2018 at 09:09

Dear STOne-32,

It's been a while now since this issue was found, and still there is no 3.2.0 version.

I am facing now the same issue : _FPU and not FPU version of the 3.1.0 are the exact same binary (without FPU support) and my project is using -mfpu=fpv5-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard on a STM32F756, but still cannot link to 3.1.0 version of libSTM32CryptographicV3.0.0_CM7_GCC_FPU.a.

Can you update the status of the 3.2.0 ? Thanks

Posted on May 09, 2018 at 08:07

Dear STOne-32,

I am facing the same VFP issue using SW4STM32 for my STM32L432KC. Would it be possible to get the libraries (software implementation and hardware accelerated) compiled with FPU option active in Hardware?

A more general comment, would be to have the two versions (FPU option active and not active) for each library proposed in the next release.

Best regards,

Damien