cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TFM building

Istillaga
Associate III

Hello,

I am trying to compile the TFM application, but when building the TFM Appli Secure project, it says it cannot find the file tfm_parse_manifest_list.exe and gives me errors because not all the .h files that should be generated by running the prebuild_s.sh script are being created.. Any help?

5 REPLIES 5
Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello @Istillaga,

the exe file is located in :

STM32Cube_FW_U5_V1.5.0\Middlewares\Third_Party\trustedfirmware\tools\dist\tfm_parse_manifest_list\tfm_parse_manifest_list.exe

It is possible that the exe file is removed automatically by your IT.

But in this case, the prebuild_s.sh should detect it is not present and switch to the python source available here:

STM32Cube_FW_U5_V1.5.0\Middlewares\Third_Party\trustedfirmware\tools\dist\pyscript\tfm_parse_manifest_list.py

Best regards

Jocelyn

Istillaga
Associate III

Hello @Jocelyn RICARD ,

I have switched to python source but it tells me permission denied.

Hello @Istillaga ,

I'm sorry I can't help you with such information. I don't know what you did, which permission is denied. You need to understand what happens.

Best regards

Jocelyn

Hello @Jocelyn RICARD ,

I have only changed the prebuild_s.sh script line tfm_parse_manifest_list=$TOOLS"/dist/tfm_parse_manifest_list/tfm_parse_manifest_list.exe" to tfm_parse_manifest_list=$TOOLS"/dist/pyscript/tfm_parse_manifest_list.py".

Jocelyn RICARD
ST Employee

Hello @Istillaga ,

The code in the script is this one

tfm_parse_manifest_list=$TOOLS"/dist/tfm_parse_manifest_list/tfm_parse_manifest_list.exe"
uname | grep -i -e windows -e mingw
if [ $? == 0 ] && [ -e "$tfm_parse_manifest_list" ]; then
command=$tfm_parse_manifest_list" -o "$projectdir"/g -m "$projectdir"/tfm_manifest_list.yaml -f "$projectdir"/tfm_generated_file_list.yaml"
else
python="python "
python3 --version >& /dev/null && python="python3 "
command=$python" "$TOOLS"/dist/pyscript/tfm_parse_manifest_list.py -o "$projectdir"/g -m "$projectdir"/tfm_manifest_list.yaml -f "$projectdir"/tfm_generated_file_list.yaml"
fi

So, either you have an exe file that is present and you are running windows or you will switch to python automatically.

What you are doing is trying to execute a python script which is not possible...

Best regards

Jocelyn