cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBSFU Flash overflow

STsch.1
Associate III

Hi,

I have some trouble with using the SBSFU. In the first place, I could not build the SECoreBin project, but I found out, it was the path length in Windows making me the trouble. Now, after solving this and building a complete new project example, I see a very strange flash usage for this:

0693W00000HpwfTQAR.pngThe SE_Entry... has a huge flash overflow. Is this a problem? I see also the same thing, when I build other example projects.

Now, when I try to debug the whole thing on a board by activating the debug optimizer, I directly fall into a hardfault and I don't see, what the problem really is. So I expect somehow this to be the problem, but I cannot really be sure.

2 REPLIES 2
Bubbles
ST Employee

Hi @STsch.1​ ,

look at the start address, you'll see it once again in the end of the table with 59% full only. There are sub-regions inside the SE_Binary region defined for keys and this tool just doesn't interpret it correctly.

Try building a project with protections disabled and debug enabled first. It's set for release and debug disabled by default.

BR,

J

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

STsch.1
Associate III

Hi Jhoud,

Thank you, I could solve this already, the SBSFU works now on a STM32F722. I had something wrong in the linkerscript.

The problem I still could not solve is here:

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00001HaaHjSAJ/sbsfu-start-in-different-flash-memory-sector

I don't see, how I can start the SBSFU at a different address in the flash, since I need the smaller sectors for the application data.