cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling Secure Protection with RDP0 but Option Byte Programming change failed

HAHA6
Associate

Hello,

My project is based on the STM32H753 chip.

I Using the STM32CubeProgrammer and try to set the RDP level from 0 to 1, I get the error "Error: Expected value for Option Byte "RDP": 0xBB, found: 0xAA".

I only enable the Secure Protection.

How can I solve this issue?

Any assistance on these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

HAHA6

4 REPLIES 4
STea
ST Employee

Hello @HAHA6 ,
Can you share with us the version of CubePRG used and the revision of your board?

Have you tried to perform a full chip erase also try updating STlink firmware for your board before programming the Option Bytes?
Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
HAHA6
Associate

Hello @STea ,

The Version of CubePRG is 2.17. My board is independent development by our team based on STM32H753II.

I use J-Link. I have tried to perform a full chip erase before programming the Option Bytes. But it is the same issue, that I can not change the Option Bytes. 

Thanks

Hello @HAHA6 ,

issue is internally trucked under ticket 192185 (for internal reference only).

Regards

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
STea
ST Employee

Hello @HAHA6 ,

Could you please clarify how you enabled the Secure Protection (what are the addresses)? Additionally, could they share their Option Bytes configuration? this would help us identify the root cause of this issue.

Regards