cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there a difference in current consumption between different wake-up pins in standby mode?

DaveGoing
Associate II

I used a minimum system to test individually enabling the wake-up pin and entering standby mode. The wake-up pin current consumption for Port A is 30uA, Port C is 194uA, and Port B is 276uA. (Before enabling the wake-up pin, all pins were configured in analog mode, and during measurement, the ST-Link was not connected to the actual circuit.)

How is the power consumption of the wake-up pin on STM32G0B1 determined?

7 REPLIES 7
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @DaveGoing

Could you please explain why and how you are measuring the current consumption on a wakeup pin while it is in standby mode?

If you want to determine the MCU power consumption, you should measure it with IDD. 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

I apologize for the confusion. What I measured was the IDD current. I separately enabled the wake-up pins in the program, and there was a difference in the measured IDD current. When only PA0 is enabled, the IDD consumption is 30uA. When only PC13 is enabled, the IDD consumption is 194uA. When only PB5 is enabled, the IDD consumption is 276uA. (PA0, PC13, and PB5 are all wake-up pins, and when the wake-up pins are not enabled, the IDD is 1.5uA.)

I would like to know if this current consumption is considered normal or not?

Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello again @DaveGoing, could you share your main code so I can reproduce the case 

Thank you

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Piranha
Chief II

Start with learning how to actually enter the Standby mode instead of following ST's broken code...

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-embedded-software/how-to-enter-standby-or-shutdown-mode-on-stm32/m-p/145849

Hello,

I have found the cause of the issue by following the instructions in the manual. Currently, the low power consumption current is normal. One of the reasons was that the wake-up pin on my board did not have an external pull-up resistor, and the internal configuration of the wake-up pin was not set to pull-up. I have also addressed other points that needed attention as outlined in the manual.

Thank you for your assistance.

Hello,

Currently, I have resolved the issue. The previous code for entering low power mode is as follows::

__HAL_RCC_PWR_CLK_ENABLE();
  HAL_PWR_EnableWakeUpPin(PWR_WAKEUP_PIN1_LOW);
  __HAL_PWR_CLEAR_FLAG(PWR_FLAG_WUF1);
  HAL_PWR_EnterSTANDBYMode();

Thank you for your assistance.

As my previous link showed, the HAL_PWR_EnterSTANDBYMode() is broken. And the __HAL_RCC_PWR_CLK_ENABLE() is also broken:

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-embedded-software/stm32-clock-and-delay-helper-functions/td-p/593082