cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the interrupt on pin D1 for SDIO handled by the STM32H7?

Claydonkey
Senior

I asked a question around this issue late last week so I don't want this to appear as a double post but I think this is more specific:

To paraphrase

"The interrupt concept is used to inform the host of changes in the card status using the SDMMC_D1/IRQ pin in 1-bit or in 4-bit data bus mode. SDIO interrupts are sent from the card to the SDMMC host when the card detects an external event. Interrupts are only sent outside the data transfer periods. The SDMMC host detects interrupts sent on the SDMMC_D1 pin once the SDIOEN configuration bit in the data control register is enabled. While the DPSM remains in Idle state and in Busy state between data blocks for DS, HS, SDR12 and SDR25 speed or after the last data block in all speed modes, all low levels on the SDMMC_D1 pin are detected as interrupts from the card to the host."

Assuming that all transfer routines work correctly for upstream/downstream DATA + CMDs for SDIO, using the HAL SDMMC library. 

Where (preferably in HAL) does one detect a D1 interrupt sent from Slave device on the STM32?

I do not want to poll (wait for RESET state of pin) outside of transactions as this would be a waste of precious cycles.

Surely there is something in the peripheral that detects this, flags it and allows for other SDIO transfers to occur in tandem?

Thanks again for any help

2 REPLIES 2
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @Claydonkey 

You can refer to table 466 in the reference manual to check SDMMC interrupts flag and control bit.

SDIO interrupts are sent from the card to the SDMMC host when the card detects an external event.

Interrupts are only sent outside the data transfer periods.

I'm not certain if triggering the SDIOITIE while detecting high signal on SDMMC_D1 pin is sufficient.

You may need to check that DPSM is inactive (DPSMACT = 0) to enable SDIOEN bit in data control register.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Claydonkey
Senior

Thank you @FBL.
I thought the SDIOIT flag was the place to look. Can I refer you to my previous post? (I realise that I have double posted this question ~mea culpa. The following is always set as I am using DMA transfers and they apparently don't like this being set to TRUE.

SDMMC_DataInitTypeDef cfgl;
cfg.DPSM = SDMMC_DPSM_DISABLE;

The SDIOIT Flag is never set however...