cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does an RTC on the STM32H7 do and how do you trigger an alarm?

JJuli.1
Associate II

hello it's me again

I am a beginner and I have a question about the RTC, what is it ? it is an alarm something on the stm32?

thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @JJuli.1​,

I recommend you checking the RTC examples provided within the STM32CubeH7. It will certainly help you with your request, you can download the it from the ST official website or through the GitHub repository.

You can for example refer to the ones developed on the STM32H7B3I-DK under the following root:

"STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V.XX\Projects\STM32H7B3I-DK\Examples\RTC"

I also recommend you referring to the Getting started with RTC - stm32mcu, it is a step by step wiki on the RTC.

I hope my answer has helped you, please mark it as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully answered your question. This will help other users find this solution faster.

Best regards,

Chahinez.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @JJuli.1​,

Welcome to ST community.

The RTC is "Real Time Clock", it is an independent binary-coded decimal (BCD) timer/counter. The RTC provides a time-of-day clock/calendar with programmable alarm interrupt. In addition, the RTC can as well provide an automatic wakeup to manage all low-power modes.

Regards,

Chahinez.

JJuli.1
Associate II

is there any example I can follow on my mcu ?

ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @JJuli.1​,

Can you please specify the MCU/ board you are using?

Thank you.

Chahinez.

JJuli.1
Associate II

it's stm32h7

ChahinezC
Lead

Hello @JJuli.1​,

I recommend you checking the RTC examples provided within the STM32CubeH7. It will certainly help you with your request, you can download the it from the ST official website or through the GitHub repository.

You can for example refer to the ones developed on the STM32H7B3I-DK under the following root:

"STM32Cube\Repository\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V.XX\Projects\STM32H7B3I-DK\Examples\RTC"

I also recommend you referring to the Getting started with RTC - stm32mcu, it is a step by step wiki on the RTC.

I hope my answer has helped you, please mark it as best by clicking on the "Select as Best" button if it fully answered your question. This will help other users find this solution faster.

Best regards,

Chahinez.