cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need Firmware update over the air feature for STM32 Nucleo MCUs?

MAhme.4
Associate II

Hi ST

We are using STM32L476RG in our product, but we need Firmware update over the feature for our product.

Can you provide us any solution for this?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Perhaps hire some Software Engineers?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

FOTA has to do with multiple chips and managing the binaries and bootloader.

I don't think this is the task of a software guy.

Paul1
Lead

Check out MBED (https://os.mbed.com/), there are some STM32 boards there, and some likely have FOTA.

Then choose whether you want to stay MBED, or port that code into STM32Cube.

If you do port FOTA into STM32Cube please share, I'm sure others would be interested.

(I did FOTA using MBED years ago, but not STM32. On STM32 I've been doing proprietary bootloaders over RS-485).

Paul

Guess it depends how good the one(s) you have is/are, and how many of them you have. But generally speaking ST is not responsible for your product development and staffing. I'm an EE with no embedded training, and I've written FOTA (Cellular/WiF/LoRa) and assorted loader and updaters across a variety of hardware/platforms from scratch..

What's the "Air" in this equation?

The STM32L476RG (NUCLEO-L476RG) has this "Air" connection?

How small is the core code you have for accessing the "Air"?

Is or can that be separated from your core application?

Do you have any memory to stage your update image or patch file?

Are you looking to update the MCU, or the "Air" furnishing device?

What aspect of this is your team having difficulty with?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Other manufacturers are proving builtin FOTA support, so ST is responsible if they don't have any of the shelf solutions. In product development, time and resources are the key.

But now as we have already matured our hardware and Firmware with ST, so it's our top priority to stick with ST.

if ST has no of the shelf solution then alteast give some documentation for the implementation cz the main difference between a project and a product is reliability. And we don't wanna re-invent the wheel and then make it reliable.