cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB VBAT and controller power

Deepu joy
Associate II

Hi , 

I am using STM32L072CBT6 for my project. We have to use USB for configuration purpose. The controller VDD is connected to 1.8V power supply, but the VDD_USB is 3.3V. Is there any issue to connect 2 different powers ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

You will have no problem with VDD=1.8V and VDD_USB=3.3V. In the data sheet, table 23, it says in footnote 3:

[...] VDD_USB is independent from VDD and VDDA: its value does not need to respect this rule. (i.e. max 300mV between any VDDx and VDDA pins do not apply for VDD_USB)

Hope that answers your question?

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

You will have no problem with VDD=1.8V and VDD_USB=3.3V. In the data sheet, table 23, it says in footnote 3:

[...] VDD_USB is independent from VDD and VDDA: its value does not need to respect this rule. (i.e. max 300mV between any VDDx and VDDA pins do not apply for VDD_USB)

Hope that answers your question?

Good luck!
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.