cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to write binary in non secure FLASH using CubeProgrammer in RDP 0.5

Aurelien1
Associate III

Hi everyone,

The MCU on my custom board is an STM32U585. I put RDP mode to 0.5 in order to debug the product application with CubeIDE (our custom bootloader is in secure world).
RDP regression to level 0.5 works fine (non-secure memory is fully erased (and not write protect) and RDP byte value is 0x55), I can read internal flash on non-secured address but I can't write nothing inside non secure memory (using CubeProgrammer v2.15.0 I try both to write single byte and write a binary in Reliable an Fast connection mode).

I can only connect the stlink probe in "hot Plug" Mode. In all other mode I’ve got the error message: “DEV_TARGER_NOT_HALTED).

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Have a good day.

GRANGE Aurélien

PS : I can't sned the source code of secure part.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aurelien1
Associate III

Hi,

I have resolved this issue this morning.

MCU need to be in user mode in order to let Cubeprogrammer the right to write inside non-secured memory.

Thanks.

Have a good day.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Billy OWEN
ST Employee

Hi @Aurelien1 

The forum moderator had marked your post as needing a little more investigation and direct support. An online support case has been created on your behalf, please stand by for just a moment and you will hear from us.

Regards,

Billy

Aurelien1
Associate III

Hi,

I have resolved this issue this morning.

MCU need to be in user mode in order to let Cubeprogrammer the right to write inside non-secured memory.

Thanks.

Have a good day.