cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to getting started with new STM32H747I-DISCO board

iFoX
Associate II

Hi Community,

I recently received a new STM32H747I-DISCO board, but I’m encountering some issues. When I plug in the CN2 USB, no display shows up. I've tried reprogramming it using the STM32H747I-DISCO compiled demo binary but received Error: failed to erase memory and Error: failed to download Segment[7] fault.

Has anyone experienced similar issues or have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @iFoX ,

Check your USB cable, maybe you are using a bad quality one.

You can try flashing the boards with Under Reset mode.

Otherwise, try performing a complete FLASH erase.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hi @Imen.D 

I tried all available methods that I could, including the ones you mentioned earlier but still received the same result. I also tested it with two different USB cables and the issue persisted. However, when I used those USB cables with my other Discovery and Nucleo boards, they just worked fine.

Code on the board has to drive/initialize the display.

The board is very easy to brick if you use LDO rather than SMPS in the code generated and loaded on the board.

If you've bricked your board, you'll need to go through the recovery methods documented elsewhere.

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcus-products/get-stm32h735g-dk-out-of-deadlock/m-p/157094

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

I haven't gone that far. The board is so new that I ordered it straight from STM and haven't updated any firmware yet. After it was powered up, it showed no LCD display but only a red LED blinking, and after checking it using the cube programmer, it turned out to be empty. I'd perform reprogramming the board using the "STM32H747I-DISCO compiled demo binary" file, but it gave me the fault that I mentioned earlier. After that, I began the full chip erase using all the reset modes available on the programmer, but nothing changed.