cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to establish FDCAN communication between two different NUCLEO boards.

Shubh150
Associate III

I am trying to establsih communication between a NUCLEO G474RE and a NUCLEO H7A3ZI-Q thorugh FDCAN. I have successfully accomplished FDCAN communication for both the boards individually using Normal mode as these boards have multiple FDCAN peripherals. I am using two ADM3050E FDCAN transceivers for communication. Now, I have set the baud rate and clock speed of FDCAN same for both boards, yet I have been unsuccessful. So, I wanted to know what I am doing wrong. Please find atteched zip files containing my projects.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

As promised, I setup two projects (in attachment) with NUCLEO-G474RE and NUCLEO-H7A3ZI-Q based on this example with some modifications (ex: using RNG to generate random data to send from both sides):

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7/tree/master/Projects/STM32H743I-EVAL/Examples/FDCAN/FDCAN_Classic_Frame_Networking

I'm using MCP2562FD transceiver.

Each time you push a key on a board, the data is received from the other one and vice versa. A LED toggles each time you receive a frame.

A photo of my setup:

Setup.jpg

Hope it helps you and other users.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Start by using HSE as system clock source instead of HSI for STM32G4.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Karl Yamashita
Lead II

You have code commented out so no telling what you're doing right now between the two boards. Set the code as you'd expect the two boards to communicate correctly. Then we can further evaluate what is happening. 

If you find my answers useful, click the accept button so that way others can see the solution.

Thank you for your reply, Let me clear up on what I am trying to do. I am trying to transmit from G474 and receive on H7. These codes were initially configured to transmit and receive both, hence the commenting of code.

Did you change the clock source from HSI to HSE?

Yes I did, but I am still facing the same issues.

Hello,

I will try to provide you a working example this week with these boards.

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

As promised, I setup two projects (in attachment) with NUCLEO-G474RE and NUCLEO-H7A3ZI-Q based on this example with some modifications (ex: using RNG to generate random data to send from both sides):

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeH7/tree/master/Projects/STM32H743I-EVAL/Examples/FDCAN/FDCAN_Classic_Frame_Networking

I'm using MCP2562FD transceiver.

Each time you push a key on a board, the data is received from the other one and vice versa. A LED toggles each time you receive a frame.

A photo of my setup:

Setup.jpg

Hope it helps you and other users.

Thanks a bunch for this, I will apply this on my system and get back to you as soon as possible.

It worked!!! Thanks a lot for your help, I was totally stuck with my code, although I still have to figure out what was wrong with my code.