cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U585 temperature sensor

YFANG.2
Associate III

Hello

Could you share some detail of STM32U585 temperature sensor information?

When do the calibration in plant, how to guarantee the junction temperature of the chip? Do you perform the calibration with bare die or with package?

How about the linearity of the sensor, could you provide some test result?

What the measurement range of the sensor? If the sensor could measure more than 125C, how to guarantee the chip could work normally. In datasheet, the chip is for 125C, and the sensor could measure 130C

Do you have the transfer function of the temperature, eg, V=V(at 30)+(T-30)*alpha

Thanks in advance!

14 REPLIES 14
YFANG.2
Associate III

Hello

The error is not from the Micro. It is the problem of power supply. As the Micro is not supplied properly, the measurement of the temperature sensor seems appear an error. When I give the right supply, the sensor works normally. it gives the right temperature even under 130C.

YFANG.2
Associate III

Hello

Could you let us know how the temperature sensor is calibrated in plant?

Do you perform the calibration at die level or after packaged?

How do you control the junction temperature of the die?

Thanks in advance!

Miler SHAO
ST Employee

hi,

I told you that the accuracy is very limited. as to the parameters of the sensor, you can refer to a table in stm32u5 reference manual:

Table 249. Memory location of the temperature sensor calibration values

regarding to the transfer function, you can refer to chapter of STM32U5 reference manual as below:

30.4.27 Temperature sensor and internal reference voltage

you can see the formula there.

in fact it's simple, you can deduce it at ease.

B,R

Miler Shao

These answers are to the questions in the initial post, not the topic author's latest one.

YFANG.2
Associate III

Hello Piranha

Yes, thanks. I would like to know how the temperature sensor is calibrated.

Thanks!