cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U585 temperature sensor

YFANG.2
Associate III

Hello

Could you share some detail of STM32U585 temperature sensor information?

When do the calibration in plant, how to guarantee the junction temperature of the chip? Do you perform the calibration with bare die or with package?

How about the linearity of the sensor, could you provide some test result?

What the measurement range of the sensor? If the sensor could measure more than 125C, how to guarantee the chip could work normally. In datasheet, the chip is for 125C, and the sensor could measure 130C

Do you have the transfer function of the temperature, eg, V=V(at 30)+(T-30)*alpha

Thanks in advance!

14 REPLIES 14
YFANG.2
Associate III

Would you please support on this topic?

Piranha
Chief II

Coefficients are in the datasheet and transfer function in the reference manual. The sensor's temperature range should be the same as for the chip junction, which is also in the reference manual.

YFANG.2
Associate III

Hello Piranha

Do you mean the blow function? What I want is the function of output voltage Vs temperature.

Also with some typical value. I read one for the Micro, the data is 4095 for 30C, 5455 for 130. Based on this, it is 2.49mV per Kelvin. Is it your typical value for the transfer ratio? What is the error for this ratio. If we assume it is a linear relationship. I believe the error is from the offset and coefficient. When you perform the calibration, I think these 2 errors have been calibrated. What is the error for the temperature sensor after calibration? Can I say the error for the temperature is +/-1K? Or maybe =/-5K

0693W00000WHq3JQAT.png

0693W00000WHsD6QAL.pngNote, that the temperature sensor senses temperature of the chip, not the ambient. Depending on circumstances, there may be a significant difference between these two - you can quite well have 50deg.C on chip with 25deg.C ambient temperature.

JW

YFANG.2
Associate III

Hello JW

Thanks for your reminding. I understand there is temperature difference between die and case. But what I am interesting is the temperature error for junction temperature.

If I follow the calibration data in the Micro, what is the temperature difference between measured value and actual value, especially from 105C~125C?

Thanks in advance!

This is a primarily user-driven forum, with casual ST presence. I can't give you more information than what's in the datasheet, see above.

The max. 1.3deg.C VSENSE linearity error presumably covers the whole operation temperature range. This assumes, that you don't make additional errors (e.g. through unstable VREF+/VDDA/VSSA etc.) when taking the ADC measurement.

If you need more information, you may want to talk to ST directly, through your FAE or web support form.

JW

Billy OWEN
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ 

This thread was marked as needing some direct technical assistance, and an internal support case has been created.

Please stand by and we will be in touch in just a moment.

Thank you for your interest in STMicro MCUs.

Regards,

Billy

YFANG.2
Associate III

Hello

I do some temperature test based on two Micro. Below 115C, it seems the temperature sensor is quite accurate. But something interesting is when the temperature is higher than 115C, the measured temperature by Micro is totally wrong. It goes to 400~700C. It seems like an error on the reference voltage.

Piranha
Chief II

Show the raw values of ADC at that situation and all calibration values. And calculate the temperature manually - the code could overflow or be broken somehow.