cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U5 documentation error in HSI -> TIM5 interconnect section

In section 16.3.7 of STM32U5 RM0456 Rev 2, the following text appears in the bullet that notes MSIK, HSI and LSI are linked to TIM2/TIM3/TIM4/TIM5:

"External clock mode1: Table 446: Interconnect to the tim_ti1 input multiplexer for TIM5, tim_ti1_in1 (LSI) and tim_ti1_in2(HSI)"

However, in section 47.4.2 Table 446 (TIM2/3/4/5 "Interconnect to the tim_ti1 input multiplexer") tim_ti1_in2 connects LSE rather than HSI to TIM5.

On previous MCUs such as the STM32G4, the LSE is connected to TIM5 on tim_ti1_in2 and when measuring on a Nucleo-U575ZI-Q board it also appears to be counting LSE ticks rather than HSI ticks. This leads me to believe that Table 446 is correct and section 16.3.7 is incorrect.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Terry Greeniaus​ ,

Thank you for having reported the point.

I confirm the mistake.

An internal ticket (number 122889) is submitted in order to correct this error in next RM release.

(PS: ticket number 122889, this is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Terry Greeniaus​ ,

Thank you for having reported the point.

I confirm the mistake.

An internal ticket (number 122889) is submitted in order to correct this error in next RM release.

(PS: ticket number 122889, this is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen