cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L5552E -Eval sample code for on board eeprom access

ARaj.4
Associate II

Is there a sample code for the on board eeprom access on the STM32L552E evaluation board ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ARaj.4​ ,

There is no EEPROM example within STM32L5, but you can get inspiration from the example available under STM32CubeH7 to achieve your goal:

\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.9.0\Projects\STM32H743I-EVAL\Examples\I2C\I2C_EEPROM_fast_mode_plus

(make sure to update the pins and use PG13 and PG14 pins)

You can also refer to the BSP drivers integrated in the STM32CubeH7 and update it according to your needs:

\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.9.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32H743I-EVAL\stm32h743i_eval_eeprom.* files

0693W00000FDR6HQAX.jpg 

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @ARaj.4​ and welcome to the Community 🙂

You can download and use the X-CUBE-EEPROM - EEPROM emulation expansion software for STM32Cube which supports STM32L5.

The package provides a firmware package including examples showing how to exploit this EEPROM emulation driver.

Note that the provided example for STM32L5 runs on STM32L552xx devices.

For more details, please have a look at this AN4894 application note describes the software solution (X-CUBE-EEPROM).

Hope my answer helps you!

When your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
ARaj.4
Associate II

Thanks for the warm welcome 😁 and the reply @Imen DAHMEN​ . I will try it out

@Imen DAHMEN​  i could see that the X-cube eeprom is for "emulating eeprom from internal flash" and not the use of on board eeprom in the STM32L5 eval board ? Is this correct ?

If yes, is there any example that make use of the on board eeprom rather than emulating flash as eeprom ?

Hi @ARaj.4​ ,

There is no EEPROM example within STM32L5, but you can get inspiration from the example available under STM32CubeH7 to achieve your goal:

\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.9.0\Projects\STM32H743I-EVAL\Examples\I2C\I2C_EEPROM_fast_mode_plus

(make sure to update the pins and use PG13 and PG14 pins)

You can also refer to the BSP drivers integrated in the STM32CubeH7 and update it according to your needs:

\STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.9.0\Drivers\BSP\STM32H743I-EVAL\stm32h743i_eval_eeprom.* files

0693W00000FDR6HQAX.jpg 

Imen

Thanks
Imen
ARaj.4
Associate II

Thanks @Imen DAHMEN​  I was able to get it working 😁

Good to hear you made it work and thanks for your contribution 🙂

Thanks
Imen