cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEPROM (M24M01E-F) Page accessing

Rishvana
Associate II

Hi,

For my project, I am using an M24M01E-F I2C EEPROM. My application requires writing and reading data page-wise. According to the datasheet, the EEPROM has a capacity of 1 Mbit (128 KB). I need clarification on how many pages I can able  write to using this EEPROM." 

To clarify, the M24M01E-F EEPROM has a total of 512 pages, with each page being 256 bytes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

All 512 pages are of course accessible, access to the pages should only be limited by the MCU used and its programme.

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome @Rishvana, to the community!

Correct, M24M01E contains 128KB EEPROM, which are divided into 512 pages with 256 bytes each.

Does it answer your question?

Regards
/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you, @Peter BENSCH,

Am I able to access all 512 pages?

Is there a page limitation when writing and reading?

because,

In my application, I am currently able to write only 416 pages in one write and read cycle. During the subsequent write cycle, a communication error occurs in both I2C read and write operations. I am using I2C communication with a clock frequency of 100 kHz.

Can you clarify this for me? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

All 512 pages are of course accessible, access to the pages should only be limited by the MCU used and its programme.

Regards
/Peter

Thank you, @Peter BENSCH,

For our current project, we need to store some confidential information in the Identification Page section of the EEPROM (M24M01E-F). We would like to confirm if it is possible to use this specific section for our data storage and need a clarification about how to implement Identification page locking mechanism.
Could you please provide guidance on how we can store information in the Identification Page of the M24M01E-F EEPROM? Any insights or documentation on the process would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Rishvana
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Yes, you can use the identification page for your purposes, but it can only be set to read-only and may therefore not be suitable for confidential information.

The procedure for accessing this identification page is described in the data sheet, section 4.4.

Regards
/Peter

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

See also this thread.

Hi Peter,

Could you please provide sample code for accessing the identification page and the locking mechanism?

Thanks,

Rishvana

Thank you @Peter BENSCH