cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L4R5VIT6 OctoSpi Read issue

Gopal433
Associate II

The issue is: I'm using STM32L4R5VIT6 (as OCTOSPI master in Hyperbus mode) to test our OCTSPI slave, In this when we try to read data (or slave register read)  from slave, noticed that the first read data value is always (0x8888) and next values are shifted by 16 bits. Please lets us know your suggestions on this behavior.

Note: attached STM32L4R5VIT6 configurations and read buffers values at STM32 side. Using STM32CubeIDE-Win 1.12.1 to generate the code and run.

Please review the STM32L4R5VIT6 settings and let us know if any modifications are needed.

STM32_OCTSPI_Configurations.PNGobservation.png

3 REPLIES 3
Aime
ST Employee

Hi @Gopal433 ,

Thank you for the description. 

I will need more information about your configuration external memory - OctoSPI interface. If you can provide a code that would nice.

Also how do you read the data? 

I suppose that at the beginning, the application writes the data into the external memory and then you read them back, please confirm.

Best regards,

Aime

We are connecting STM32 clock, reset, Chip select, RWS and data 8:0 pins to slave respective pins via FMC

There is RX and TX memory space of the slave, we are writing to RX memory space and reading from TX memory space.

The read problem is not only for memory write and read, even for simple slave register read also we are seeing 0x8888 on any register read.

Hi @Aime 

Please let me know what configuration information of external memory - OctoSPI are required