cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L152 is now NRND (since wehn) - what do us instead STM32L552RE is there a compare sheet ?

ASche.5
Associate III

Since when is STM32L152RE LQFP64 NRND?

From the looks best pin compile etc. would be STM32L552RE is there any overview for doing this transition. Else I would need to do detail compare my self but as these MCUs seem to be in one line I was hoping there is some documentation to help with the design decision I have to make right now.

THANSK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Since beginning of 2023. Check out the 10-year longevity statement.

I don't think there's a migration guide from 'L1 to 'L5, the differences are quite big - but their significance of course depends on your particular application.

You may want to check out the 'L1->'L4 migration guide, AN4612.

JW

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Since beginning of 2023. Check out the 10-year longevity statement.

I don't think there's a migration guide from 'L1 to 'L5, the differences are quite big - but their significance of course depends on your particular application.

You may want to check out the 'L1->'L4 migration guide, AN4612.

JW

ASche.5
Associate III

Thanks you, so much! - been a bit in panic here did not found this information on my own.

ASche.5
Associate III

After looking into the details a move to L552 would be the better choice as it is for my application pin compatible while the 433 is not in my package. Yes the driver and the new M33 core making it different but form first glance not so terrible that it is not worth trying.

Maybe note to add is that AN4612 is for L1 to L4 and the AN5138 is for L4 to L5.

about the NRND I like to add comment from this discussion :https://community.st.com/s/feed/0D53W00002GFwsMSAT