cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H750VBT6 does not run without debugger

onio
Senior

Having a problem with our custom board not running code unless it is started with the debugger. We are currently using Segger J-link debugger together with ARM Keil uVision version 5.29 toolchain.

Everything runs fine when I have debugger attached and click debug run but when the debugger is removed nothing happens. I have attached part of our circuit showing "B00T0" and "RST" pin.

Many thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
TDK
Guru

Schematic seems fine.

How do you know it's not running? As opposed to just stuck in a loop somewhere not doing anything useful?

You can attach the debugger to a program already running to determine where it's at.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
onio
Senior

Hi TDK thanks for the quick response. I am not sure I understand what you mean by "You can attach the debugger to a program ..." I am using Keil under Windows 10 and I can not seem to find an option to do what you are suggesting.

Currently to run the program I either click on the "Start/Stop Debug Session icon button or use Ctrl + F5 combo.

TDK
Guru

In CLion, I have the options "Download: None" and "Reset: None" when starting a debug session. These would attach to an already-running code. Keil has similar options, apparently:

http://www.keil.com/support/docs/3697.htm

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Gudgel.boB
Senior

I had a similar problem yesterday but different STM32 and not Segger....

It may be that the debugger is reading a register that needs reading ?

My issue was really weird in that I had to have my debugger looking at the ADC1 peripheral which would read the Data Register and

reset the OVR bit. Long story but maybe something like that ?

HI TDK,

Sorry for the late response and thanks for your reply and link, I think I have now been able to attach debugger to running code. Unfortunately it seem to go directly to the HardFault_Handler() function so I need to try and determine what was the reason why it end up there.

Hi Gudgel.boB,

Thanks for your reply. However I am not sure I understand what you are trying to describe. Thanks.