cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H735 RMII_REF_CLK 50MHz

PUN CHEE HUEY
Associate II

Hi All,

I have a 50MHz clock with 1Vpp and the MAC is not working. The only information I have from the RM and datasheet is this is a digital input pin and never mentioned about the voltage level. Please help what is the clock pulse VPP for RMII reference clock pin ?

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

This is a digital input, so it will need to respect the digital input levels. Generally, a low of 0.3 VDD or less and a high of 0.7 VDD or more. It's unlikely a 1 Vpp signal will satisfy both of these.

TDK_0-1725419009084.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
LCE
Principal

Custom board or something from ST?

What is the source of the clock? Some PHY like LAN8742?

Check series resistors and for any shorts, also check your GPIO configuration for that pin.

As TDK said, RMII clock level should have the typical 0 .. VDD level.

PUN CHEE HUEY
Associate II

The clock is 1Vpp because ADIN1100 needs 1Vpp for best performance. But I can use the clock source, which is 2.5Vpp to input the STM32 MCU RMII clock reference pin. some rework need to do check.

LCE
Principal

I don't know the ADIN1100, but for ethernet PHYs the 1Vpp signal usually refers to the ethernet signals coming from / going to the ethernet transformer.

The PHYs RMII interface usually works with its VDD level, or maybe it has some extra supply for the IOs?