Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H725 usb missing ux_dcd_stm32.h

MiB_s
Associate

Subject: STM32H7 USBX Virtual COM Port Setup - Missing ux_dcd_stm32.h File

Hello ST Community,

I'm working on setting up a USB Virtual COM port on an STM32H7 microcontroller using Azure RTOS (AzureRTOS-H7). I'm encountering an issue with missing USBX files, specifically the STM32 device controller driver header.

**Project Details:**
- Microcontroller: STM32H7 (specific model: STM32H725RGVX)
- IDE: STM32CubeIDE (Version: 1.16.0)
- Azure RTOS Package Version: 3.3.0

I Have tried

1. Created a new STM32H7 project in STM32CubeIDE
  2. Enabled USB in the .ioc file(Device Only)
  3. Configured USBX middleware
  4. Checked the following packages in the manager
    1. Core System
    2. UX Device CoreStack
    3. UX Device Class CDC ACM
  5. Enable the the USB USBX

**Issue:**
After enabling USB in the .ioc file and generating the code, I'm getting the following error when trying to compile:

```
app_usbx_device.h:32:10: fatal error: ux_dcd_stm32.h: No such file or directory
```

Any guidance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

[Your Name/Username]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @MiB_s,

Make sure to Include the correct paths to your include directories.

This article may help you: How to implement the USB device composite class in... - STMicroelectronics Community

You can also refer to this github repository : 

x-cube-azrtos-h7/Middlewares/ST/usbx/common/usbx_stm32_device_controllers/ux_dcd_stm32.h at d3b54df40c7a6a6ccaa998cfec71cbe148299726 · STMicroelectronics/x-cube-azrtos-h7 (github.com)

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @MiB_s,

Make sure to Include the correct paths to your include directories.

This article may help you: How to implement the USB device composite class in... - STMicroelectronics Community

You can also refer to this github repository : 

x-cube-azrtos-h7/Middlewares/ST/usbx/common/usbx_stm32_device_controllers/ux_dcd_stm32.h at d3b54df40c7a6a6ccaa998cfec71cbe148299726 · STMicroelectronics/x-cube-azrtos-h7 (github.com)

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

It seems that the file is missing when i generate the project, i tried to copy the ux_dcd_stm32.h into the folder(\Middlewares\ST\usbx\common\usbx_device_classes\inc\) and this seems to fix the problem building the project. So thanks for the help!