cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H723 Analog Temperature Measurement Alarm

ToddA
Associate II

All:

I have connected internal temperature to ADC3, and I am able to display degrees C on "Live Expressions". 

The particular chip we are working with has an operating range of -40 C to + 85 C. If I am monitoring the internal temperature on a regular basis (once per second), is there a temperature that would be good for fault condition?

I am assuming I do not want to fault at 85 C, but is there a temperature that people have generally used as a condition to fault? (Is 75 C a good temperature to raise an alarm?) By the way, my Nucleo board generally runs at 30 C, after starting at roughly 26 C when first powered.

Regards,

Todd Anderson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Indeed. The internal temperature sensor measures the Junction temperature (TJ) which should not exceed 125°c for the industrial temperature range 6.

From the datasheet:

SofLit_1-1712328974355.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Andrew Neil
Evangelist III

@ToddA wrote:

The particular chip we are working with has an operating range of -40 C to + 85 C

That's the ambient temperature range - the internal chip temperature will be higher.

Does the datasheet give a figure for the chip-to-ambient thermal resistance?

ToddA
Associate II

Thanks for clarifying. It looks like internal temperature could go as high as 125 C. 

I will monitor the temperature and compare to ambient board temperature, and will probably determine a fault condition based on that.

Regards,

Todd Anderson

Indeed. The internal temperature sensor measures the Junction temperature (TJ) which should not exceed 125°c for the industrial temperature range 6.

From the datasheet:

SofLit_1-1712328974355.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.