Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[STM32H7] When I set the MPU at the address 0x30000000,Program entry HardFault

Passerby
Associate III

The configuration of Cubemx is as follows

001.jpg

The configured address is the address of SRAM1-3,given this configuration, why does "Strongly ordered memory" cause a HardFault

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't know about LWIP, but you can check if you faced an unaligned access in your application by reading SCB_CFSR register:

If SCB_CFSR = 0x01000000 -> you have an unaligned access.

For your reference: https://developer.arm.com/documentation/dui0646/c/Cortex-M7-Peripherals/System-control-block/Configurable-Fault-Status-Register?lang=en#Cihgbdbi

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Passerby
Associate III

Is it because the address of sram1-3 cannot be "Strongly ordered"?

Why?

Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @Passerby, welcome to ST Community, 

You can find below the MPU configuration for region0- this photo is from Managing memory protection unit in STM32 MCUs - Application note

SarraS_0-1709715716605.png

So in STM32CubeMX, the MPU shareability must be enabled for example, please refer to How to configure the MPU of an STM32 using STM32CubeMX.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello,@Sarra.S

But it works when I set it to "TEX = 1   C = 0  B = 0  S = 0", shareability is disable,Why?

When I set it to  "TEX = 0   C = 0  B = 0  S = 1",it is cannot work。

Thanks.

SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

Are you doing an Unaligned access to that memory region?

See: https://www.keil.com/support/docs/3777%20%20.htm

From ARM CM7 TRM:

SofLit_0-1709718701529.png

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello @SofLit 

I use CubeMX ETH LWIP(LAN8742)  default settings ,does this result in unaligned access?The MPU is as I configured it.

I use cubemx 6.8.0 ,HAL FW_H7 v1.11.1

Thanks!

I don't know about LWIP, but you can check if you faced an unaligned access in your application by reading SCB_CFSR register:

If SCB_CFSR = 0x01000000 -> you have an unaligned access.

For your reference: https://developer.arm.com/documentation/dui0646/c/Cortex-M7-Peripherals/System-control-block/Configurable-Fault-Status-Register?lang=en#Cihgbdbi

Hello@SofLit 

Thank you for your reply,I will try it tomorrow.It's already evening in our country,my board is not here with me.

Thanks!

Hello @SofLit 

Thank you for your reply 。

I read the "SCB->CFSR" register, and when set to "device" or "strongy-ordered", it is indeed 0x0100 0000, which indicates an "Unaligned access UsageFault" error according to the register interpretation!

Thanks!