cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H5 DCMI maximum input data size

BLUE
Associate

Hi.

I want to acquire data from a 5M pixel image sensor (for example OV5640) with YCbCr4:2:2, 8bit using DCMI.

(I want to process the image data, so I need to transfer it to memory using DMA)

However, AN5020 and RM0481 (Rev1) mention a maximum of 2048*2048, so I'm about to give up.

AN5020.png

This description seems to have disappeared in the latest RM0481(Rev2),, but I would like to know if the above description is accurate and if there is a limit on the input size.

If you have any experience using it without any problems, I would appreciate any information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @BLUE and welcome to the Community 🙂,

The DCMI has a very wide image definition (14-bit so 16k x 16k). So, the maximum input size is 16384x16384.

Please make sure that you don't have a bandwidth limitation to drain through the DMA.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @BLUE and welcome to the Community 🙂,

The DCMI has a very wide image definition (14-bit so 16k x 16k). So, the maximum input size is 16384x16384.

Please make sure that you don't have a bandwidth limitation to drain through the DMA.

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.