cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G474RE Startup Issue

DKlew.1
Associate

Hi everyone,

I have a hardware problem with STM32G474RE on startup. If I try to supply this MCU directly from the lab power supply, it runs correctly, but when I have dips or drops or fast switching on the supply, I notice that the MCU doesn't start. I measured time when it's ok and it looked like 100ms - for me it's too long. Of course, I supply it according to specification and now I don't have any idea what is the problem.
PS. Now I connect only MCU, proper supply, RST pullup, external XTAL and one LED to notify that MCU works ok and I still have the same issue.

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @DKlew.1,

There are a few factors you can take in consideration, please look at the following aspects in more detail:

How to make sure the STM32 starts properly in our design?

Hope this helped you!

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

> I measured time when it's ok and it looked like 100ms - for me it's too long.

What time? What code are you executing? Any Cube/HAL? Try to get rid of. Try not to use Xtal (HSE/LSE?), maybe that's the source of problems. If the 'G4 has BOD, use it.

Tomas Dresler's FAQ appears to be very comprehensive, well worth posting link to it twice! 🙂

JW