cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G474E EVAL1 Demo SD Card issue

twinest
Associate II

Hello,

I tried to execute the demo for the STM32G474E EVAL1 explained in this document : STM32CubeG4 STM32G474E-EVAL demonstration firmware - User manual.

But, I have an error when the board tries to display the pictures which are on the SD card.

I got " Error popup resource file missing please update sd card content".

I checked the SD card and my files are well in the right directory.

I tried with two different SD cards and I have the same issue.

When I checked with the debugger, I have the impression that is a problem during the initialization of the SD card during the call of SD_GoIdleState()

But now I have no idea to go further in my investigation.

So I search some help to solve my issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SofLit
ST Employee

Not easy to recover a broken SDcard slot. May be you need to clean it but it's risky.

Or buy add an external SDcard slot module like this one and wire it yourself:

SofLit_0-1707987668117.png

PS: take care of the pull up resistors mounted on the module (see the image).

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
SofLit
ST Employee

Hello,

@twinest wrote:

Hello,

I tried to execute the demo for the STM32G474E EVAL1 explained in this document : STM32CubeG4 STM32G474E-EVAL demonstration firmware - User manual.

But, I have an error when the board tries to display the pictures which are on the SD card.

Which example you are running?

Which files you have stored on the SDcard?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hello,

I run the example "Demo" when I choose my MCU in STM32CubeIDE in the tab "Example Selector" when I create a new project.

And I use the SD card provided with the evaluation kit and I checked, the files needed for this demo are well in the SD card.

The file system of the SD card is :

STFILES (with the bmp images used by the demo)

USER 

STM32.TXT

Hello,

Do you have some news about my issue ?

Best regards

Did you try the example provided in STM32CubeG4 under the path \Projects\NUCLEO-G474RE\Applications\FatFs as it is?

No, I tried only example provide for the STM32G474E EVAL1 because I have this card.

I will try this example

Sorry I meant under the path STM32G474E-EVAL\Applications\FatFs\FatFs_uSD_Standalone

No problem.
So, yes I tried this example too and I got the same error

Hello,

For the demo located under Projects\STM32G474E-EVAL\Demonstrations did you copy the resources located under Projects\STM32G474E-EVAL\Demonstrations\Binary\SD_card to the SDcard?

Also are you sure the SDcard is well inserted on its slot?

Hello,

Yes, as I said earlier, the resources are well loaded on the SD Card, which is the SD Card provided with the board.

And the SD card is well inserted because I don't have the error related.

Like I said in my first message, I think the error occurs during the initialization of the SD card during the call of SD_GoIdleState()