cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G474 Supply-Voltages: Can I have 3.3V and 1.8V IO-Voltages on different IO’s?

Hello,

regarding the STM32G474, is it possible to use multiple Voltages on the Controller?

External peripherals that I connect to the microcontroller are:

• Sensor-1: SPI, 3.3V  -> I’d like to keep it on 3.3V because of the Datarate, it’s much faster on 3.3V, if I would go to 1.8V I’d only have 160 instead of 200SpS, which is problematic from a system-perspective.
  • Sensor-2: I2C, 3.3 -> It only operates from 2.8..3.5V
  • Sensor-3: I2S+I2C, 1.8V Accelerometer -> The Sensor is a supplied with 3.3V, but the IO is 1.8V.

Is there any option to run the IO’s on a different Voltage-Level, is there documentation about the Power-Domains in the STM32G4? The Nucleo that I use for “pre-Development�? has a STLINKV3, which also does not support the lower voltages, so I’d like to keep the Core at 3.3V. Ideally I’d like to switch a IO-Bank to 1.8V to operate the Sensor-3 on 1.8V.

Can someone refer to some good information(Appnotes, etc.), how to set it up in the CubeIDE and potentials pitfalls?

Thanks a lot.

Best Regards, Seppel

P.S. I could add a TXB0104, that may work, but I’d like to avoid that, because it adds complexity, the Level-shifter cannot be supplied from the Sensor’s 1.8VddIo-Output(current not specified).

1 REPLY 1

Doesn't look to support VDDUSB or VDDIO type bank powering.

The L4+ does have an independent supply for GPIOG pins

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..