cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32G4 series - I2C2 SDA and SMBA in datasheet switched?

Loebl
Associate II

I just noticed the following:

In the datasheets for the G473 and G483 the pin table and alternate function table disagree which pin has the I2C2_SMBA and I2C2_SDA function.

The pin table claims PA10 is I2C2_SMBA and PA8 is I2C2_SDA. The alternate function table claims PA8 is I2C2_SMBA and PA10 is I2C2_SDA.

From experiments it seems the pin table is correct.

Can someone confirm which is the correct alternate function?

AF_table.png

pin_1.pngpin_2.png

Now that I was comparing both columns: it also seems I2C3_SCL is placed differently in both tables: the pin table has it on PA8, the alternate function table on PA10.

EDIT 2023-09-04: for completeness, because I initially forgot:

• STM32G483xE DS12997 Rev 4 Nov 2021
  • STM32G473xE DS12712 Rev 4 Nov 2021
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @Loebl ,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I confirm the issue and I reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 137961 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @Loebl , 

Thank you for reporting!
I will check this internally 

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Issamos
Lead II

Hello @Loebl 

I confirm the problem of  I2C2_SDA and I2C2_SMBA in the G483. But  G473, this problem doesn't exist.

For the I2C3_SCL problem, I can confirm it for both G4 models.

Best regards.

II

Foued_KH
ST Employee

Hello @Loebl ,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

I confirm the issue and I reported internally.

Internal ticket number: 137961 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Foued

Thanks for the fast reply.