cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F730Z8T6 and the best way for flash programming

Slina
Associate III

So, I'm looking to buy STM32F730Z8T6 MCU and wondering what is the cheapest way to program and debug it. Can I do it using development board? I found a board with a similar MCU (STM32F730I8) and I was wondering if that would work (it has a debug port). Besides, I would have a board to practice on. Is this feasible or I need a dedicated flash programmer/debugger?

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

The STM32F7308-DK Discovery kit would work.

Slightly cheaper option would be to use a nucleo board. None available for the F730, but there is for the NUCLEO-F746ZG, which is probably similar enough that you can run the same code.

Both have onboard ST-Link which allows you to program and debug the application.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

The NUCLEO-F722ZE would also be a reasonably proxy, less the CRYP/HASH units.

For the F750 the F746/F756 would be a closer proxy.

As TDK mentions, there are the DK/DISCO boards.

You can also program chips with ST-LINK V2 or V3 pods, clones, or J-LINK and u-LINKs

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Slina
Associate III

Thanks for your answers. The thing is that STM32F730Z8T6 looks perfect because it's much cheaper than F746/F756 and I don't really need all that flash and extra SRAM. 5-6 euros difference doesn't sound much, but it might enter serial production so I'm trying to keep the price of the MCU low. Investing more into a development board is much better because it's a once only investment.

So with NUCLEO-F746ZG or STM32F7308-DK I would be able to program and debug that MCU?