cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429I-DISC1 debug issue

jacobvdz
Associate

Hi.

I was in the middle of a debug session in a simple application for the STM32F429I-DISC1 in Keil uVision. I disconnected my board from the computer without ending the debugging session. When I reconnected my board, it wasn't detected anymore and it enters debug mode (I know it because the LED1 blinks) as soon as I connect it. Now I can't flash or debug anything.

Anyone can help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jacobvdz
Associate

Hello everyone. Thank you to those of you who have answered my question. The issue solved itself. I reconnected the board the next day I was having the issue and it worked fine. It was a little weird as I tried to reconnect the board several times and it wasn't working. Luckily, it seems I just had to wait longer to reconnect the board.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

You're going to have to go deeper into the circumstances, what were you doing? What else was connected to the board? Was it on a non-conductive surface?

Sounds like you damaged the board electrically.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
TDK
Guru

LD1 blinking suggests ST-Link isn't connecting. Try rebooting.

For what it's worth, disconnecting the board without ending the debug session will not damage anything.

See if STM32CubeProgrammer can detect the ST-Link and connect.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
jacobvdz
Associate

Hello everyone. Thank you to those of you who have answered my question. The issue solved itself. I reconnected the board the next day I was having the issue and it worked fine. It was a little weird as I tried to reconnect the board several times and it wasn't working. Luckily, it seems I just had to wait longer to reconnect the board.