cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stm32f407 discovery board issues

Indukuri sumanth
Associate II

I am new to coding. I brought new stm32f407 discovery board. Intially their is no issue with debugging for target. But now ld1 ld2 are continuously glowing and ld3 ld4 ld5 ld6 are not glowing when i connect the board for pc and when a usb is connect to cn5, it is not recognised as mouse on the screen.. what is the issue?? I am unable to understand

7 REPLIES 7
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

LD3 ... LD6 are controlled by the STM32F407, which requires a program to drive pins PD12...PD15 to high level if you want the LEDs to light up.

What program is currently running at the controller?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

The processor will only do what your code facilitates. If you replaced the delivered code with something that does very little, it will do very little..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

In the board manual, in getting started section​ It is mentioned connect board to pc by usb cable then mems sensor is enabled and the four leds get glowed as per the board motion direction and speed and by connecting usb to CN5 then board acts as mouse.. these functionalties happend well for 2 days with using of board. But now these functions are not happening just com led and pwr led or glowing continuously ..is there any issue

Did you replace or erase the code on the board?

Perhaps get a meter or scope and check voltages if you think there is a hardware issue.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Reset button is also not functioning completly.. where can i get the code of the board to redump and start refunctioning..​

When i tried to debug a code with board as target i am able to debug the code, but the problem is reset button not functioning ​

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The original demo firmware can be found here.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.