cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F072VBT6 VS STM32F072VbT6 2

YShah.1
Associate II

We have facing issue on microntroller we have recieve we have serial product and curretly we are using STM32F072VBT6 controller but we have order new lot and we are recieve STM32F072VBT6 2 and both are behaviour diffrent so what is major diffrence between them ? please suggest me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
YShah.1
Associate II

Hello ,

Problem will be resolved and It's unbilivble Solution I don't how it's possible.

See.

Till Now I am uploading a previous working Hex file ​and It's not working on new version of Controller but in older controller that Hex file working.

Now I am open My original firmware on IDE and Recompile and Generate Hex file and upload it both versions of Controller and it's working fine.

I don't how it's possible any one can Idea about that ?

Thanks for your support ​

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @YShah.1​ ,

As already mentioned in the datasheet DS9826 and precisely section 8. ordering information, this marking indicates the options as shown in the below figure.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000biEKpQAM.pngWhen your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Check if using same die via DBGMCU DEVID, or info in STM32 Cube Programmer.

Flash sector sizes may be different​.

Check if parts preprogrammed.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
YShah.1
Associate II

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000biEUaQAM.png
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000biEULQA2.png 

Hello,

See Both the controller New and old currently we are facing problem on one GPIO with same software and we dont know how many another GPIO problems.Please suggest me what we can do.

This is the chip revision

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000biEf4QAE.png 

Check errata to find out if there's any relevant difference between the revisions - most likely, there is none.

> we are facing problem on one GPIO

What problem? On which GPIO? Do you have *all* supply pins (VDDxx, VSSxx) connected properly?

JW

I'm sure there's documentation, these parts have different die from different fabs.

Suggest you start going through the documentation carefully and completely.

You're going to need to be more specific about what "issues" you are encountering.

YShah.1
Associate II

Hello

Yes all Supply pin and all Ok because this is use on our serial product line and software will be same ,and currently we are facing problem on one gpio but we are pending the the Other test so I don't how many GPIO problems.

Which GPIO, what is the problem with it? Be specific, this is all far too vague.

Let's start with the issue you currently know about or have identified.

The software should be able to identify which part is which, they have different die, and will identify differently in a register you can read.

https://www.st.com/resource/en/reference_manual/rm0091-stm32f0x1stm32f0x2stm32f0x8-advanced-armbased-32bit-mcus-stmicroelectronics.pdf

DBGMCU_IDCODE Address: 0x40015800

KDJEM.1
ST Employee

Hello @YShah.1​ ,

Could you please check the REV_ID of STM32F072VbT6 2 using STM32CubeProgrammer.

What is the REV_ID you have found?

Thank you.

Kaouthar

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

YShah.1
Associate II

Hello ,

Problem will be resolved and It's unbilivble Solution I don't how it's possible.

See.

Till Now I am uploading a previous working Hex file ​and It's not working on new version of Controller but in older controller that Hex file working.

Now I am open My original firmware on IDE and Recompile and Generate Hex file and upload it both versions of Controller and it's working fine.

I don't how it's possible any one can Idea about that ?

Thanks for your support ​