Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F030F4 Current Consumption Change

emre ozdemir
Associate III

Hello All,

We design a circuit with STM32F030F4.

And when I checked the current consumption of the circuit , I saw the curent consumption is changing by the time.It moves like decreasing for some time and increasing suddenly after that decreasing for some times again and increase again.And it repeats this continiously.MCU is using internal crystal.

I check all circuit and find the cause.It does that because of PLL.

Because I check this status:

1) With 8 MHz without PLL

and current consumption is standing still and its value is 0.6 mA

2) With 8 MHz with PLL

and current consumption is floating and its value is 0.8 mA

When we use PLL current consumption is increase and floating.

When the clock speed is set higher value than fluctuation in the current is also increase.

Is there any information about this .

Can we stop this fluctuation .

Any advice would be helpfull,

Thank you.

Regards.

EMRE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STOne-32
ST Employee

Dear EMRE,

This fluctuation in Run/dynamic mode is normal behavior and the consequence of a regulation loop of our internal LDO of few seconds. to be completely sure You need to run in sleep mode as example while Cortex-M0 is stopped and no variation due to code execution from Flash and memories. The most important is to keep an average consumption inline with our datasheet : Typical and Max values ( Frequency and temperature). Hope it helps you.

Ciao

STOne-32

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
STOne-32
ST Employee

Dear EMRE,

This fluctuation in Run/dynamic mode is normal behavior and the consequence of a regulation loop of our internal LDO of few seconds. to be completely sure You need to run in sleep mode as example while Cortex-M0 is stopped and no variation due to code execution from Flash and memories. The most important is to keep an average consumption inline with our datasheet : Typical and Max values ( Frequency and temperature). Hope it helps you.

Ciao

STOne-32

emre ozdemir
Associate III

Hi Ciao,

Thanks for information.

I accept this fluction is normal than.

I learned a new information with this.

Have a nice day.

By By.

EMRE