cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer - no st-link detected (win7)

1991red1991
Associate III

ST-LINK V2 works fine with STM32 ST-LINK Utility and STM32CubeIDE, but ST-LINK V2 doesn't work with STM32CubeProgrammer.

Any idea why this might be? I have tried various USB ports and various USB to mini USB cables. I am using original programmer and original windows 7 x64 version.

On another PC with windows 10, the same programmer works in STM32CubeProgrammer.

What should I do to get ST-LINK V2 to be seen by STM32CubeProgrammer?

If you need any additional information, I am ready to provide it.

10 REPLIES 10
Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Is the ST-Link connected to USB 2.0 port or USB 3.0x? If the latter, try to connect it to USB 2 port or external USB 2 hub.

1991red1991
Associate III

I tried connecting ST-link to both USB2 and USB3. Tried the front and back of the PC. I also tried to connect through the hub. The result is the same, the programmer works with STM32CubeIDE and STM32 ST-LINK Utility, but does not work with STM32CubeProgrammer.

AScha.3
Chief II

just from my experience with win10 -> mysterious problem :

it could be about the "rights" you have (or give to the progam) to access the hardware.

try to change the "rights" or just try start prog as "admin".

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
1991red1991
Associate III

On windows 10 everything works fine for me.

On windows 7 I tried to run as administrator, still no st-link detected.

AScha.3
Chief II

a pity . my last idea : any kind of anti-virus program running?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
1991red1991
Associate III

I have kaspersky antivirus installed. After turning it off, nothing changes either, everything is still no st-link detected. I think it's something else, but I can't figure out what...

ONadr.1
Senior III

And new instalation CubeProgrammer?

1991red1991
Associate III

Of course I tried. Still no st-link detected...

AScha.3
Chief II

can you test with another STlink, maybe V3 , or a nucleo board (with onboard link)?